The following statements have all been taken from the official OFSTED Reports in 2010 and 2013 …
“Loreto is a good school with several outstanding features” March 2010
- Has seen a rapid rise in attainment, attendance and the quality of behaviour, teaching and learning.
- The care, guidance and support provided for students is outstanding.
- Loreto is a calm, friendly and harmonious community.
- The effectiveness with which the school promotes equality of opportunity is outstanding.
- Achieve well and make good progress.
- Make an outstanding contribution to the school and wider community.
- Thoroughly enjoy their time at Loreto – Feel settled and happy.
- Year 7 & 8 students make rapid gains in English, Mathematics, Science and ICT.
- Take part in a very wide range of extracurricular physical activities.
- Are knowledgeable, confident and eager to engage with all students.
- Are approachable and go that extra mile.
- The attention given to individual students is outstanding.
- The strong emphasis on high quality teaching and learning ensures students are stimulated and challenged to aim high.
- Are ambitious in their intent to provide the best education possible.
- Know their school very well.
- Have successfully re-engaged with the local community.
- Make excellent use of targets and the school is generally successful in exceeding them.
- Governors are highly effective, skilled and visionary.
- Most are happy with all aspects of the education the school provides.
- Parents /carers think well of the school.
- The effectiveness of the school’s engagement with parents and carers is good.