The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB check.
Art and Design Teacher 0.5 Maternity Cover Fixed Term
Start date: Monday 24th April 2017 or sooner if available
Closing Date: Monday 23rd January 2017
Interview: Thursday 26th January 2017
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic, inspiring and well organised Teacher of Art and Design, who will teach a broad curriculum in both KS3 and KS4. They will need to have experience of working in a variety of different areas of Art and Design, and show a passion for the subject. Art has become a core strength in the school with a varied extra-curricular programme, and is well supported by the governors and school leadership team.
This is a part-time role although it may be possible to increase the hours if a candidate could teach additional subjects.
About Loreto High School
- A small school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents.
- Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted.
- Excellent facilities with newly refurbished £10m building opening in September 2011.
- We look after our staff and provide a very supportive environment with a well-developed programme of CPD.
- The Art Department is thriving, successful and ambitious. The KS4 cohort grows year on year and has achieved well above the national average at GCSE for the past 6 years.
The successful candidate will be a newly qualified or experienced teacher with:
- a commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
- the ability to teach all areas of Art and Design at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
- the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students by inspiring them to experience.
The school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references.
Completed applications should be returned either by post or email to Mrs Linda Healey, Human Resource Manager.
Postal Address: Loreto High School, Nell Lane, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 7SW