Student Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
A virtual learning environment (VLE), or learning platform, is an e-learning education system based on the web that models conventional in-person education by providing equivalent virtual access to classes, class content, tests, homework, grades, assessments, and other external resources such as academic website links. It is also a social space where students and teacher can interact through threaded discussions or chat.
Students and Staff at Loreto High School have access to RM Unify which serves as a launch pad to online interactive resources. The key features and benefits to both students and staff using this VLE system are outline below.
- One user name and password per user to connect to your favourite online applications and services from the top educational providers.
- Simple to use home page allowing all users an effective way to access online content and services.
- Safe and secure library offering simple browsing of online, educationally focussed applications and services.
- Automatic provisioning and management of accounts for all users.
- Web-based so it works on any internet enabled device with a browser.
- Sign in once, using just one user name & password, means “I’ve forgotten my password!” will be a classroom disruption of the past.
- With an internet connection and a browser, your students can access RM Unify whenever and wherever you and they want, making setting and completing homework easy.
- Allows students and teachers to switch quickly and easily between different online services within a lesson – without the need to log out and in.
- Enables a teacher/student to keep all their educational internet usage in one place as you can add web links to any website you wish: “If it’s not in RM Unify don’t use it in this lesson.
For School Leaders
- Supports your work to narrow the digital divide, as there are no expensive software purchases needed for any student to complete their work.
- Top educationalists work with RM Unify to do the hard work of vetting online educational services for you, saving you hours of time and effort. If it’s in RM Unify it is educationally valuable.
- The App Library – Discover the very best online applications and services designed for education. Browse in a safe and secure environment and set up the applications for your users quickly and easily.
- The Launch Pad – Access to your online apps and services from wherever you are, whenever you want to work and using whichever internet enabled device you choose. RM Unify users log in once to their personal Launch Pad and then have one click access to any application or service which has been set up for them.
- Management Console – Easily and securely manage accounts through RM Unify into all the services and content found within the App Library. Save hours of administration with automatic account provisioning directly from your school’s Active Directory or RM Learning Platform. CSV upload is also available.